Flowers and Quilting!

Did any of you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this past week??? I am part Irish and my bestie sent me some green Colorstreet nails to put on…

Better Late than Feather ….

I love them…. and those bulbs we planted last fall are almost ALL coming up too!

Tulip… got bit by the cold weather a bit
The crocus are coming up

We also are starting to see the buttercups coming up and opening up… I wish I could get a overhead of our front yard so you could see them lining the driveway and the plant bed…. looking marvelous and so much color to see each day!

Speaking of color… I laid out the 9 patch quilt I have been working on….

This should be next on the frame…. after the Purple Heart quilt is done.. I have 2 long seams to make to finish this into a flimsy now ๐Ÿ˜€

Speaking of The Purple Heart Quilt….

I rolled it down a bit!

So I will spend today relaxing and quilting after giving my fingers a bit of a rest this week I am ready to quilt again ๐Ÿ™‚

I am linking all this hand crafted fun to my friend Kathy at Kathy’s Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday Linky Party Come SEEEEE<<<<< what everyone is linking up ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you celebrate Quilting Day yesterday???

I also am trying to sell a very cute handy style quilt kit… look at this y’all!

Nordic Christmas Quilt Kit INCLUDES all the fabric for the top!

I have more pics if you are interested in this it is for in the USA only as it will have to go Priority mail due to the weight of it all…. this pattern is by GE designs and Gudrun walks you though how to make each block in the instructions. Price is $80 to include shipping via Paypal Invoice.

Please keep Ukraine in your thoughts this week and make time to visit Kathy above if you can!

9 thoughts on “Flowers and Quilting!

1. Gail

Lots of scrappy fun in your 9 patch quilt! Good to give your hands a break now and then. Lovely spring flowers in your yard. We have a few shoots showing but we have a while to wait until they bloom

A pretty green polish putting one in the Irish mood. I think everyone is Irish on St. Pat’s Day. Yellow crocus show up nicely. Nine patch looks great! Nice progress. Enjoy Purple Heart Stitching!

3. Quilter Kathy

So much beauty in fabric and flowers!
    It’s a good idea to give your fingers some rest ๐Ÿ™‚
    I poked a deep hole in my “underneath finger” yesterday and didn’t even notice until I saw the blood (happily none got on the quilt!) So today I’ll be doing more embroidery than quilting!

We don’t have any spring flowers blooming yet here but the crocuses will be the first. The daffodils should be in full bloom by the time I return home from Phoenix. Your 9 patch quilt is looking so pretty, your dad is going to love it! Sometimes we do need to rest our fingers from hand quilting. Have a blessed week!

Your projects are lovely! Love your nails. I bought some last week, a different brand. I need to figure out how to put them on. Happy stitching!

I made Irish Soda Bread and corned beef, but that is the extent of our celebrations. I never even displayed the few decorations I have. I am about 1/4 Irish. I love that scrappy nine patch. It is a little reminiscent of an Irish Chain. The quilting on Purple Heart is looking beautiful.

Your nine patch is so traditional, itโ€™s a beauty, and reminds me of my grandmaโ€™s quilts! We had corned beef on Wednesday and Ruebens on Thursday. Leftover corned beef tomorrow for lunch with the rest of the potatoes and carrots!