Tomorrow is the last day of February!!!

And I still haven’t slowed down y’all!

9 3/4″ square barn quilt for indoor decor – $50 plus shipping 🙂

And neither has my honey!!! He got this quilt block above done and another in process too.. He sold all the ones from last week already too!

I started physical therapy Monday and went back Friday doing my own thing in between to exercise… they are doing both legs at this new place though and I love the family atmosphere too! It is called Pro- Motion.

Between working my legs out I have been quilting on the purple heart quilt…. last week I showed you the double hearts in the corners I planned to do something special with….

I really enjoy stitching the orange peel design and figuring out the heart too.

I finished all the way across to the other heart and up so I am ready to roll today too!

So today I plan to enjoy a cup of coffee and roll down the quilt a bit and mark a cross hatch design on the background… then if you look 2 pictures up you will see interlocking hearts… I will mark them and outline them and the cross hatch will not run there just to the design…. come back next week to see because the sides outside this red fabric area are all stitched… Linking this fabulous progress to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching <<< come see what others are linking up near the end of the month!

So this Purple Heart quilt figuring and a table runner I have worked on too long are my focuses… and rehab of course. BTW walking with no cane this week has been amazing!

I did spend my first time back in the sewing room this week early in the week to reorient my self with all the projects waiting on me as I ironed some shirts for my honey… and I ended the week putting this block… there are 4 under there total… together! Now to fashion them into a spring table runner for our bar in the kitchen that still has Winterlude on it….

I plan on putting on these gorgeous nails today too… I took off the old polish I shared last week and will apply these now 🙂

How about you… what are you each up to ??? Do you know anyone in Ukraine at the moment or that region??? Let’s keep Ukraine and this situation in our prayers this week!

Be kind and make a new friend! I went grocery shopping myself for the first time in 2 years … mask on and careful not to get to close but with 2 surgeries now behind me and vaxxed up I was excited to see a grocery store on the inside for a change 😀 lol! It is the little things in life!

13 thoughts on “Tomorrow is the last day of February!!!

The wooden quilt blocks Rich is making are so beautiful! Making them will keep him occupied. The hearts are so cute and your spring table runner is going to be so happy! Have a great week with lots of happy stitching!

2. Claudette

Girl, you put me to shame!!! You get so much accomplished every week. I was quilting on my Dear Jane quilt last weekend, but my pumpkin quilt kept calling my name, so I’ve been working on it this week. I should finish the appliqué on one border today and plan to start on the other border. We had friends over for supper last night and I was busy cooking and cleaning all day yesterday. My plan for today is to sit on the couch and find something to watch while I appliqué. My husband’s nephew and his wife are in Ukraine. They are EMTs and go over there on a contract for a couple of months and then come back to the US for a bit, then go back. They were supposed to come back in March. They are trying to evacuate. Please keep them and all in Ukraine in your prayers.

glad you are now getting around great you are recovering fast from your knee surgeries really fast – don’t you wish now you wouldn’t have waited so long to do it.

Rick is an excellent woodworker! PT does keep one busy and it can be tiring. It’s great you have a sit down hobby in between. Orange peels is a cool quilting design. Oh, those purple nails. Pretty!

Love Rick’s quilt blocks! So glad you are doing so well in your therapy, and even able to go to the grocery store for yourself! Grocery shopping has always been fun to me. I wander up and down the isles. Hope you have a great week Kathi!

6. Texas Quilter

Rick’s quilt blocks are so pretty! You are really doing great with the surgeries! I know you are happy to be over them. I use the disposable gloves and a mask still – We are not taking the jab and we are enjoying peace and quiet now in our lives and boredom is great! But I do miss getting out more, but missing nothing. Too many projects to work on and Clay is busy working outside today – first sunshine in 5 days! Hugs

7. Diann@ Little Penguin Quilts

The wooden quilt blocks your honey makes are really beautiful, as is that quilt you’re quilting on right now! Glad your recovery from the knee surgery is going so well, too. Those pretty spring quilt blocks you’re working on are going to make a beautiful runner!

8. Cheryl

You’ve never slowed down and now is no exception! Glad to see you are all ahead full steam on your projects while still doing physical therapy. And such lovely projects they are. Thanks for sharing!

I am really happy that your PT is going great and you like the new place. Our worship pastor and his wife adopted two girls from Ukraine last spring, so they have been watching developments very closely. Your current projects are just lovely!

10. Little+Penpen

Glad to hear you are doing so well! Two straight knees…. right? Your quilting looks great, love those new blocks you are making. Rick’s block is pretty. I need to show you the two wooden ones someone made for me.

The best part of this post was that you are walking without a cane. I am so glad that therapy is going well. I love how that quilt is looking. That embroidered heart is so pretty. I like the intertwined hearts you are planning also. That wooden block of Rick’s is so pretty.