This week has been full speed ahead all week long living in the present full on!!!!! And it all started Monday with an EMPTY FRAME…
I finished ALL the swirly hearts and edge basting Monday and cut it off the frame removing all the pieces and parts of it …. then my honey folded up the frame and finished painting second coats and cut ins… and decorating… YAHOO 🎊!!!
Here is a close up of the view I will have over my quilt frame straight on now…
While my honey was at it he gave the rest of the walls a new look taking some things down and reorganizing what was on the walls, mantle and hearth for decor!
Underneath our repurposed clock to the living room from the porch… is a new edition to our home …. this bear with laser cut deer and trees! We love it.. it was a gift from our dear neighbors 🙂 Isn’t it cool!?!?!… I hope the pic shows the 3d-ness of it!
Then there is a very cool repositioning in the living room from the kitchen area too! Our Lionel Train 🤩
My honey made axles for the wheels of the base that holds the train out of my leftover empty 28 wt Aurifil thread spools that were grey already… then he stained the base and wheels a medium grey wood stain while adding plugs to the wheels he had put in place with wall anchors! The wheels that were natural wood colored from another project leftover…. the thread spools conceal the big heavy screws in the wall to hold up this heavy old train… while he also added some L brackets behind the front of the train where most of the weight is so no chance it will fall on someone or tumble down period 😀
Finally here is a look at our living area… with Molly on the recliner… one of her fave spots! I plan to make a hand quilted coverlet for her to recline on while on top of the recliner to avoid any staining on the fabric ! HAHA!!
Finally, after watching SEVERAL vids on YouTube on wide or chunky binding I cut my binding at 3 5/8″ width for 10 strips…. this was my leftovers…. less than an inch total!
I bought this binding from a reputable buyer on eBay.. she cut 1″ wider than my 1 yard order and that kindness gave me the straightening width I needed to cut my binding the perfect size for this quilt!
I sewed the binding on leaving a generous 1/4″ of batting and backing all around following the videos and my instincts! lol I attached it on my 319w with a walking foot to the front of the quilt using fuchsia thread on top and white in the bobbin pulling a bit to the top instead of even to keep the fuchsia thread from showing through the bottom in case my line of stitching showed anywhere…. I have started hand sewing the binding down to the back now and as of yet I have had NO ISSUES WITH THIS THOUGH 🙂
When I sewed these binding strips into one long strip… I did add washi tape at the center-point of my needle placement to help me not have to mark the binding and yet make nice straight seams and match top left and bottom right for straight binding all along! YES !!!
I also used the washi tape in a different color to mark where to stop stitching when putting my binding on as suggested in several of the videos I watched….
So today I will be slowly working on hand stitching down the binding as I have been the last couple days…
Molly and the electric heater are sidekicks in my sewing room… and I like that ! We have had snow and very cold weather this weekend….
So I will be slow stitching with Kathy’s Slow Stitching gang this weekend staying warm in the sewing room !!!! Hopefully next week I will have the next quilt in line to be hand quilted on the frame to share with you…. AND this finish completed and washed with pics to share 🙂
2 other small victories this week in the sewing room…. I got the head of a messed up zipper on the remaining tape (the orange zipper is redone)… this was my first time to figure this out! And I worked a bit on the tulip table runner parts too 😀
Until then I wish you warmth and sunshine, happiness with your slow stitches too no matter how slow or fast they are 😊
I look forward to reading comments from you if you choose to leave me nuggets of fun to read too!