Post Op day 11 now and heal and hand quilting abound!!!!

Hello and welcome to my blog…

As found on a Fat Quarter Shop video

12 days ago I had knee replacement surgery …. I was so nervous about what this end would look like so I wanna share with all of ya’ll sending positive vibes and prayers that they are working!! I am now using a cane around the house to navigate and soooo much nicer than the walker… of course I will let the doctor release me to use the cane officially but I am glad I gave it a go!

I see the doctor’s Physician Assistant this coming Wednesday πŸ™‚ I am almost able to fully straighten my leg (-3 degrees) and can bend in more than expected at this point (118 degrees)! They will put me on a recumbent bike in physical therapy to increase that second number tomorrow when I go again tomorrow afternoon.

Above is the beauty we see in Mother Nature every time we run errands… But back at home we are planting bulbs in anticipation of 2 seasons away…. SPRING!!! We bought a bundle and they came quick too as now before the first freeze for us is the time to plant them…. because we have rocky soil… we bought this auger bit too to fit a drill…

My honey found this auger bit MEGA useful if you are needing or wanting to plant bulbs yourself… each type of bulb requires a different depth of planting in the correct orientation too!!! We planted hyacinth, daffodils, tulips, crocus and irises. We planted them in an undulating row around the front yard as that is what gets the most sun esp in spring πŸ™‚

Daylight savings time ends for those areas that follow this today as well! So we turned ours back while I cooked omelets for dinner last night! πŸ™‚

I have ironed shirts for my honey this week… it is wonderful to get back to my chores too… and doing laundry too! I also made good headway on the table runner I am making for our Thanksgiving crowd coming….

These are 2 of 4 needed for the table runner

The other 2 are almost finished as well so I can sew then into a long string and I got a holly border to add hand quilting… hopefully I will have that next weekend for my post!

Here you can see I am near the end of cross hatching on this row….
Here is all the cross hatching done…

And an overview shot I took last night to share I should be able to finish this row sooner than later!!! But rehab and exercise and elevation comes first atm πŸ™‚

Linking all my hand quilting progress to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitchers <<<< HERE !!!

Our new sink got installed by my honey this week….

You wouldn’t think a thing like a sink and faucet would bring you such great joy but it sure has us!!! The butcherblock is freshly conditioned and was ours from a previous home πŸ™‚

Hope your week ahead is awesome and please…. leave me a comment if you read this far! I love responding to each one!

15 thoughts on “Post Op day 11 now and heal and hand quilting abound!!!!

I am SO glad your recovery is coming well, it’s great you’re able to hand quilt too! Keep on with the therapy and you and Rick will be dancing in the evenings, happy stitching!

Glad you are doing so well! I really like the blocks you are making for your runner. I have new sink envy!! I want one, but then we’d have to reconnect garbage disposal, etc. hubby frowns whenever I mention it. Your hunny is so handy!!

Happy to hear you are progressing nicely. It’s amazing how the body heals. It is good to get back to a halfway normal routine. I understand how a shiny new sink can bring joy. It looks real nice. Be careful not to over do.

4. Juliana Ellington

Hooray for your constant recovery! I, too, love your quilt and seeing your progress on the hand-quilting. The new sink is beautiful!! No wonder you are enjoying it so much.

glad you are recovering so well – it will be nice to be walking really great – when is your next surgery planned – I assume your leg you had surgery on has to be completely healed and tip top before the next. That tool looks really handy – your soil sounds like ours!

So glad you are healing and recovering so well! that is great news, and you have certainly been busy otherwise. I have hard pan, sounds like I need one of those tools! Hope you have a great week!

I am so happy you are recovering well, Kathi, and are able to once again sew and quilt. Fabulous that you are now using the cane. The heart quilt is looking fabulous and yes, I too get excited over such things as a new sink and faucet. =) Now, that is one serious looking auger bit! I love that your husband will be planting so many different bulbs. Your garden is going to look as pretty as a picture when Spring rolls around at your place, once again. Why, come spring you and that new knee of yours will be dancing among all the pretty bulbs.

8. Jenny Benton

I’m glad you are feeling better and recovering well, it hardly seems any time at all since your OP. I know what you mean about trying to get back to nirmal. When I had my spinal op my one big wish was to be able to hang out my washing again on the outside clothesline! Previously, my knees would give way and I’d sink to the ground. That doesn’t happen now, and I have to admit, I rather enjoy doing the laundry, cleaning, not so much. Take care and dont over extend yourself during these early days.

9. daneesey

Good job on that recovery … I know that your determination to do the pt work is crucial to that!! Your cross-hatch quilting is wonderful … nicely done!! And that new sink is lovely!! πŸ™‚