After recovering… we’ve made LOTS of progress this week πŸ˜Š

Preparing for and having company to visit in to back to back rounds was excellent and tiring! lol I slept extra Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday I was back on track and got my sewing room mojo back!

It is an organized disaster really! lol
I can’t wait to fashion my version of this quilt… and I love having my sewing room back open for business!

So I straightened and organized BETTER and reorganized again….

Then I started working on Debbie’s Boho Heart Quilt…

Me and Cleopatra… my 319w by Singer in the mid 1950’s… I love her ❀

Here is the left side of the heart….

When I wasn’t pacing myself with layout and making the final blocks needed for a complete layout I was working on my redwork!

And when I wasn’t doing that I moved the quilt in the pvc frame too!

It was heavy to move it around… this is my first corner to complete too… so I decided how to do those partial expanded diamonds and larger expanded diamonds too! Whew!!!

Linking all this hand work to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitchers HERE<<<<< Come see what’s going on with all the hand stitchers πŸ˜€

I can’t find all the “after” photos of my sewing room I took but I moved the noodle poles to under the buffet cutting table… they now are out of my way but convenient when I make a quilt that needs basted πŸ™‚ The closet looks MUCH better and the 319 is running strong as I build more blocks for the quilt for my good friend ❀

Meanwhile… my honey is adding wood inside our cabin!

It is a LOT of work to finish it and cut it exact etc… but so is quilt making and bag making right????

He plans to carry it down the hallway ceiling too πŸ™‚ More next week!

16 thoughts on “After recovering… we’ve made LOTS of progress this week πŸ˜Š

The wood looks wonderful, looking forward to viewing the progress next Sunday. I clicked the pictures of the whole cloth quilt but they didn’t enlarge. I don’t know if it is me or they can’t be enlarged. You might want to consider making the photos larger on your blog so people can see the lovely detail quilting your quilting. Have a good week, happy stitching!

2. Deb A

Looking great Kathy. Having company is exhausting but oh so nice to have those visit. The sewing room looks great and I love your thread holder!

Glad you enjoyed and survived your company. It takes me several days to recover, too. Looks like you found fun time for sewing. Your projects are coming along nicely, I love the wood that you guys are adding to your cabin. It will make it feel even more warm and cozy!

4. Joann Beam Loveless

Kathi I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful things your making! So neat and beautiful 🀩 God bless you.

5. Jocelyn Thurston

Hi Kathi, I so enjoyed visiting you this morning. I just love all the hand work you have on the go. Beautiful. I have to give my sewing room a tidy up quite often and it always feels so much better after so I know how you feel. Talented hubby adding the wood accents. Going to be so nice.

6. KJ

Wow. Lots going on at your place. It’s wonderful to see all that you and hubby are doing. I still haven’t finished organizing my craft room since bringing the last items from the storage locker.
    Our big outing: we are heading to a farmers’ market today. I just haven’t decided which one, and am a bit nervous about the crowds. But, fresh berries are a powerful motivator. πŸ™‚

I love wood on the walls – we do it like that and buy some and install and then buy some more. Great hand quilting

Company is so much fun, but it does tire one out! Your Sunday blogs are just so much fun to read. The Whole cloth and boho quilts, polar opposites, but I think that’s what you need when tackling a whole cloth!

Great projects you are working on, and what great organization. It is always nice to get our space back. I didn’t get anything done this week. I seem to have lost my mojo.

10. Linda Walker

It’s like we’re fabric-sisters. You have the best ideas for organizing. Can’t wait to try the closet re-org w/shelves. I have tons of totes. To be able to see my fabric a little easier so that I can prep for a quilt without having to open totes every time I want to start a project…. (sigh.) As for your hubs woodwork A+. It’s beautiful! I pray you both have a wonderful week. πŸ‘πŸ’•

11. Mia is mine

Your projects are so beautiful…one day I will pick up hand quilting…so many cool techniques to learn so little time! sigh…..
    Kudos to you for doing such a fabulous job organizing your sewing space! It looks wonderful!