A new month is almost upon us !!!

I am so excited with all we have accomplished in January… in 2 months almost since we moved into this cabin and we still have a few loads left in our storage room to go through but, that is ok!

I have been showing you snippets of the inside… but above you can see some of the outside… we have 1.41 acres of land with this home… but most is woods behind the house!

We have contracts for repainting the house and putting on a fresh roof and removing the old…. my honey has lifted the left end of the porch where it was failing and before the outside work gets started he will do a bit more work on that to make sure it is level all across for sure! I am blessed to have a handy honey for sure!!!

We had a special 2 hour visit from my bestie this past week too….

We exchanged a few things and shared a little lunch before she was back on the road heading home . What a grand covid visit it was though just to be in the same room as my bestie and get her 2 cents on my sewing room thoughts.

One thing she left was a pieced and partially hand quilted table runner for our new bar! She left it for me to finish and bind…

And once finished and washed and dried…

And a close up of the table runner itself….

There is no pattern… we just gave her our dream dimensions for a table runner (aka placemat built for 2) and she delivered…. literally! And the color of the binding is the color of the new napkins I will make!

Cleopatra has been quite handy! So next up is a Quilt Along for a more intricate pattern…

I will be using some of these lovely fabrics….

Still waiting on a couple neutrals to show up and my napkin fabric too ❤

So enjoy your cuppa something good while I open the pattern book for Boho Heart and start organizing myself… this is a QAL that goes through May I think… then I plan to hand quilt the flimsy and gift it to a very special friend ❤

Meanwhile I am half way around hand stitching the binding down on the big bed quilt I have been working on for quite a while now but things keep interrupting….

and we uncovered some hidden quilts and hung one up yesterday….

I finished this in 2015!

And I have a flimsy Connie dropped off during her visit that will be next up on the quilting frame 😀 THAT makes me happy!

I am linking all this hand quilting progress and goodness to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching group HERE <<<< She is wondering what your fave hoop or frame is to hand stitch with…. mine is my frame…. it is a Hinterberg frame my honey built from a kit and wood and metal conduit we found at the local home improvement store… the kit came from Hinterberg.com in the USA though 🙂

So what is your focus for February in regards to hand stitching or are you like me and have some hand stitching to do as well????

Thanks for visiting … please leave a comment so I know you were here… I reply to each comment too ❤

13 thoughts on “A new month is almost upon us !!!

As usual you have been quite busy. I love that table runner that your bestie made. It fit your bar perfectly! Enjoy all that wonderful stitching.

It sounds as if it is all happening there at your lovely little cabin. Fabulous your husband is handy. How lovely your friend was able to visit you in your new home and enjoy good times. Love the quilt you found to display on your wall and LOVE the heart quilt that you are going to stitch.. Such a fabulous design.

3. Linda Walker

It’s awesome sharing your “life adventure.” So glad we became friends. Please keep the adventure coming. God bless.

So glad you and Connie were able to visit. Her table runner is pretty; I love the colors! The Jen Kingwell quilt is amazing. I love everything she designs!! Happy the house is coming along so nicely. Did you get snow this past week?

5. Gail

That Jen Kingwell pattern should keep you happily occupied for quite a while! You are getting settled in your new home and it’s looking great. Have a good week.

Have you been getting the snow that i hear about in the mountains in the east? I think you said you are actually almost into Alabama now so thinking you might be missing it. The table runner was a wonderful idea and it looks great. I’m sure you will be happy with fresh paint and a new roof — you should enjoy days & evenings out on the porch when the weather warms up – will you be keeping that big swing that it came with on the porch?

7. Deanna

Waiting for our lockdown to be lifted in two weeks, and then a visit from my daughter and her boyfriend(we haven’t celebrated Christmas yet) then I can’t wait to see friends again!!
    I have started hand quilting a quilt that I just finished appliqueing!

8. Deb

It’s wonderful you had a visit with your BFF, I am working on hand quilting a quilt I began in 1991 this year I plan to finish it. Love the quilt you found and put up.

Great you got a visit with your bestie, and what a lovely table runner! I have a lot of stitchery and hand applique projects to work on! Happy stitching!

Another week of house & stitching progress. My handwork currently is crocheting edges around fleece blankets for donation through the church. No fun having a stressful week. Hope the first week in February is better!

11. Claudette

Your home is definitely wonderful and it looks like you are settling in quite comfortably. And how wonderful to have a nice visit from a friend. I look forward to the time we can do that again. I’ll be making more masks for the family. I found a pattern for the 3-D mask and really like it. I think we’ll still be in masks for a while, so they might as well be comfortable and fun. Still working on my angels, but working on #10, so getting closer. Have to decide how to quilt the borders. Hope you have a good week.