December 2020 is starting out kinda AWESOME around here!

Well we found the house we loved 🥰 last Tuesday, made an offer Wednesday… came to an agreement thanksgiving Thursday and today I am writing from our new home!!!

Our realtor made arrangements to safely share part of their Thanksgiving meal with us too.. his fiancé is a private closing attorney so we scored the quick closing!!! Honestly the hotel was ok but the beds in this home are sooo much nicer! It came with a king and a queen bed… we are selling the king and all the linens that go with it…

Just top quality stuff.. you see it was a vacation cabin for some folks in south Florida… they occasionally rented it out but the inside is cabins and just like new with lots of furniture and house stuff we now have to cull through and bring in sell, donate, toss the rest!!! Wowee… y’all know I have been watching YouTube decluttering and simplifying vids and reading books from audible on the topic and while iOS nice the moving in weekend… we are still fairly paralyzed to continue to bring in our daily used things outside the immediate needs because this house has full kitchen cabinets, games to play, sheets and towels and blankets and throws… no quilts though! Lol

Molly likes going everywhere with us through this transition and yesterday we took her to Lowe’s home improvement store and picked out a few necessaries for the new house.

But look at some of the cute wall decor….

There is even an overview shot of this property and the neighboring properties as wall art!

But what has really given me peace during this time is my tight circle is friends and family… and stitching! Look at what got brought by my honey as necessary!!!

My red work!!! It gives me peace in the chaos of moving! What gives you peace in times like these? Please leave me a comment below! 🙂 Linking to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching HERE and hope I can put in a few stitches today too!!! Maybe while we wait for the bed buyers to show up this morning 😀

We have a gas fireplace that is very safe from our Molly… but we can’t figure out how to control it yet…. hmmm. It has a remote control too

So for now… I bid you adieu! We will be taking roofing, gutter, and exterior painting bids! keep us in you thoughts that COVID stays out of this home!!!

Have a blessed week ahead and may God touch your life specifically this week! Don’t forget to leave a kind word 🙂 I value the time you share with me each week!

15 thoughts on “December 2020 is starting out kinda AWESOME around here!

Your new home looks so nice and comfy. How great it came with furniture! Your realtor could probably explain the gas fireplace to you. Have a good week with getting organized, don’t rush though, enjoy the downsizing. Happy stitching!

Phew! Selling, moving, buying and moving in is accomplished. Getting settled should be a piece of cake. Hand embroidery is calming and wise that you keep it nearby. Thanks for the update!

Congratulations on your new home. I can’t believe how quickly you were able to get into your new home. That would never have happened here in New York. Enjoy the sorting and getting settled.

I agree the realtor can tell you how to regulate the fireplace and if he doesn’t know for sure he will have the sellers info and be able to contact them about it. Have fun going through everything to get rid of so you can get your own things in – this wouldn’t be ideal for everyone but it seems to be ok with you. I’m sure you will enjoy time on your porches when the weather is nice.

5. Jocelyn Thurston

I am thrilled for you. What a gem of a place! I would love going through all the stuff. I don’t suppose you could show some more of what you find. Very neat and so happy you have your pretty stitching to take a pause with.

Gosh, what a whirlwind of a month you have had! How fabulous you and your sweet husband are safely ensconced in your new home. It does look lovely. I am sure you will have no trouble at all in filling your new home with beautiful quilts. Enjoy your stitching, lovely lady.

7. Carla Therrien

I think you were very lucky to find a new place and get the closing so soon. It’s a bit stressful for our pets with all the changes a move brings so staying close by mom and dad helps. Good luck with your sorting and settling in adventure

The porches…..wonderful! A great time to be selling stuff, there may be some lovely Christmas surprises for another family, hope the sales go quickly so you can settle in. So happy for you both!

9. KJ

Wow. Amazing you were able to do everything that fast. Congratulations. We ended up with a one month overlap of condo and house. I am living at the house while hubby is in the condo for another 10 days and then we both can enjoy the new place. We have been donating items as I unpack and see if they fit or not in the new place. The thrift store loves us because it is quality stuff. 🙂 The kitties are with me and are quite content.
    Enjoy.