A Whirlwind Week with LOTS of Answers !

I have had lots happening this week to share with you each… Grab a cuppa something yummy and come sit down and chat with me πŸ™‚

I love this Pooh quote when I need uplifting and remembering that I am awesome~ I hope this encourages you about yourself too!

We have a home inspection this week… we have a few nails to tap down on the roof but that is all they asked us to amend… so that is great!!!! And the buyer is interested in a few of our things and a quilt too! I plan on now leaving her a couple quilts I have been wanting to downsize from my stash and just didn’t know who or how or when.. now I know! How cool πŸ˜€

As for the appraisal to make sure the home is worth the loan the buyer is getting… that won’t happen until mid November (there is a wait for this appraisal process…) Then the Monday before Thanksgiving we are hoping to close on this home and be ready to buy another nearer the VA and other medical care and shopping outlets once Covid has passed.

I saw the Neurologist this week and started a new medication. I have a form of epilepsy where the white matter that should live on the outer parts of your brain got held up in the grey matter in the center of your brain… so it makes seizures like mine more prevalent the doctor said. He feels we can straighten out my medications and stop the seizures then decrease the medicine we increased initially once we are there… YAY! I am sooo relieved that medication can fix this as I already take medication daily so this is just adding a little pill in there that so far causes NO side affects that are unwanted like the seizures are!

I have been hand quilting a lot this week…

I finished the sashing row I was working on last week and am almost done with the first passing of the last row of blocks in this quilt… I think 2 more passes will get me to the outer border at the top of that last photo πŸ˜€ I am linking all this quilty progress to Kathy’s Quilts SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY <<<< Come see what other bloggers are posting too πŸ™‚

This makes me wanna design a scrappy quilt when I get my sewing room unpacked in our new locale!

Meanwhile in the US… we will be voting for our President soon… and celebrating Halloween too! Soon all that will be done and dusted and it will be time to think of Christmas.. as I have been reading about decluttering and giving meaningful gifts… what about Christmas giving… yes that too! Read this before making your gift giving plans this year… I found it eye opening and thought provoking…

I hope this post finds you happy and well. I do hope you enjoyed your visit with me today and catching up. Continue to pray for us as we search for a home and watch for seizures to stop too…

14 thoughts on “A Whirlwind Week with LOTS of Answers !

I love that the buyer of your home loves your quilts! She is obviously someone of excellent taste! So glad that the neurogolist has prescribed another medication and that your seizures will cease….such fabulous news. Your quilting on Appalachian is looking wonderful and yes, I think your new home needs a scrappy quilt just like the one you showcased.

Congratulations on the inspection and especially on the diagnosis. The wonders of medicine and medications. I hope you can easily find a new home closer to the VA and shopping. You may have to do your looking online as who knows when the virus will pass. We have friends doing just that as they are hoping to move to FL once their house is sold. You have made wonderful progress on your quilting. Binding the quilt will be here before you know it.

I have had you on my mind this week and am happy to hear that your seizures can be managed with medication. Prayers for a smooth transition with your meds and complete relief! Your hand quilting is gorgeous and you are making great progress. Excitingyoyr buyer loves your quilts. I hope you find the perfect home around Asheville.

4. Deborah Halcomb

Happy to hear they have found a solution for your seizures and that your home sold quickly. Call me and we will catch up.

5. Quilter Kathy

Lovely to see your hand quilting photos! So glad you have a solution for the health challenge!
    And thank you for the thoughts about Christmas gift giving… we automatically think “buy something” but it’s much more “giving” for the heart to DO something! I will really think about that.

6. KJ

I am happy you found a buyer for your home quickly, and one who appreciates your quilting. I hope there is a new home just waiting for you as soon as you are able to start looking.
    Horrible that you are having seizures, but good that new medication can control them.
    We don’t celebrate Christmas, and will have just moved into our “new” house, but will be having my sister over for a few days. She is all by herself and says this will be the best Christmas present ever. She is even hoping to be able to help unpack. πŸ™‚

so glad that things are moving along for your house sale but the best news is that your health is being taken care of so glad you got in to see a neurologist – now to have all the paperwork go well for your house and find a new place to live. you are a bit in the country and it would be better in your case to be nearer your doctors and shopping facilities. Your list for Christmas ideas are good ones. We do celebrate the holiday but have down sized it so much over the years – each of our girls and spouses and grandchildren get a gift card for the last I don’t know how many years and that way they can pick out what they want and I don’t have the stress of picking things out. I do not get or make presents for a lot of people like some do – I really don’t want the stress of it.

8. Deb A

Happy the home sale is moving along and the inspection went well. Also great news on the medication helping out with the seizures. The quilting is coming along great as well.

9. Robin

I love that quote with Winnie the Pooh. It’s so true. The contrasting thread you are using form your sashing and borders is fabulous. Very nice quilting.

Encouraging news all the way around! I’m happy for you. The sashing displays your neat & tidy hand stitches nicely. Certainly quilting is a stress reliever. How nice the lady appreciates quilts and you are generously sharing. November is right around the corner. I hope it all goes well. Take care!