Appalachian Delight is in FULL BLOOM!

I am sooo excited that our Buyer came through Monday with LOTS of paperwork to prove she could buy the house.. part with a loan and part with cash… so we accepted her offer and are now going through the hoops to get her into this home! This step is PENDING on some sites we are listed on and others call it CONTINGENT.

I found this on Pinterest and it led me to Etsy where it can be bought πŸ™‚

First we will check for Termites as a standard check here in NC. Then she will send people to inspect and appraise the house. This will make our move time sometime the first week of November our realtor thinks right now.. no date has been set for all that yet! lol

After making good progress last Sunday I happily made my way 2 times this week to the end of a row on Appalachian Delight! I am sooo excited to share pics of my progress with you all πŸ™‚

Don’t you love ALL that progress isn’t it like watching a flower open or something???

After making 2 trips to the end of the row on this quilt… I am now looking at THIS…

So MOST of this progress was made while Binge Watching a new find to me on Youtube! The Minimal Mom is the channel name… it is a decluttering and home reno project channel… didn’t sound like exactly what I need in this season of my life but boy was I WRONG! It is EXACTLY what I needed to see and hear!! Do me a huge favor and listen to 1 episode… it isn’t even very long and features Dawn… the Minimal Mom and her twin sister Diana >>> HERE <<< will open in a new tab on your reading device.

Look at the quilting here… a friend of mine is quilting this top she made and I love it all! The angels in the quilt, the Kaffe fabrics she used for the colorful parts, AND I am loving how she is quilting the background too!!! AMAZING work πŸ˜€ THIS makes me want to add some stitches to the wedding wall hanging too! So glad I haven’t bound that yet πŸ™‚

I haven’t made any progress on red work this week and I am fine with that as I made plenty of OTHER progress. I am linking this busy week of stitching to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching linky HERE <<< Come see what others are linking up and wish Kathy a Happy Thanksgiving in Canada this weekend too πŸ˜€

Last week I shared a pic of Jannessa… now this week I wanna share a pic Connie recently took… I praise God for this girl in my life!

I have really been enjoying the gas logs in the fireplace this past week too… I had a friend ask how I could use logs this early in the season.. it invigorates me to have them on for some reason.. I can quilt more when I have those logs next to me on early in the mornings when I am quilting.. during the day is busy and hustling and bustling… no time for fires then and too warm besides.. but the house opened up at night is perfect for an early morning fire and quilting and coffee to me! Yummy

In closing… I want to thank each of you for your time today while visiting with me… I do respond to every valid comment left privately. Please… if you made it this far leave me a comment so I know you were here πŸ˜‰

12 thoughts on “Appalachian Delight is in FULL BLOOM!

I’m so glad you were able to quilt on AD this week, it would be wonderful if you could finish quilting before your move in November. But November isn’t that far away is it? Hope everything goes smoothly with the sale, happy stitching!

I can’t believe that your house sale seems to be moving so quickly. So glad you were able to make some progress on your quilting. I could probably use that decluttering channel, but it is just one more thing to think about right now. I didn’t even manage any stitching this week to make a blog post. Good luck with the inspections!

Such good news about the house, it sounds as though things are moving along at a good clip. The quilting progress is wonderful, hoping that means fewer issues to deal with every day. XXOO

Do you and Rick have a place to go??? Everything is happening so fast. So exciting! We moved into a home right before Thanksgiving one time and I couldn’t wait to put up my Christmas tree! It was so much fun. I haven’t used my nail wraps yet, but they are so pretty. I can tell they are thinner than jamberry, which I think I will like! Your quilting is beautiful. Connie is so cute …. love her hair!

5. Carla Therrien

Didn’t realize you are moving again! Must be hard after putting so much of yourselves in this place. Where you headed? I think hand quilting by the fire early in the am with my cup of coffee sounds like heaven!

Sounds good about your buyer. It sure helps having an agent sort through the paperwork. You are going lickety split on hand quilting. Very nice meme – I think that is what they are called. I shall check out Minimal Mom. Life is simpler when there is less clutter. I hope you won’t be too far from your dear friends. Gas logs do take the chill out of the air.

Congratulations on possibly selling your house, and hope everything works out for you! Appalachian Delight is beautiful as is your quilting! Hope you have a great week!

Wow…..everything is moving so quickly with your move….how exciting. I guess the perfect time to de-clutter and cull a lot of stuff is when one moves house. I looked at the video….some great points there. Love your Appalachian Delight. How cosy to quilt by the fire.

I’m glad to hear all is going well with the house sale! that is great, now you will need to find your next place – buying or renting? Do you think you want something smaller to take care of when it comes to the yard. I hope you will be done with the quilt on the frame when it comes time to move!!