Welcome Autumn (Almost)!

As I write this post it is cool outside and the windows are open… so refreshing!! The calendar says Autumn is due to be here on Tuesday officially πŸ™‚

I love Autumn like I love when Spring rolls around… and I love sunshine and that is our forecast in North Carolina this weekend! Grab a cuppa something yummy and settle in for a bit…

Bonnie Hunter has been so spot on in her daily words of affirmation lately! I can finally share a few things I have stored in my photo bank! lol Are you aware of your strengths?? I am learning to focus more on these lately!

I have a seizure disorder… and until the last few months I had only had 1 in my life and that was a full blown seizure back in 2012… After that seizure I was put on daily medication as they found on exam that I have a likelihood of having seizures due to how my brain formed before birth… so now I am not so patiently waiting to see a seizure specialist… a neurologist.

So this Pooh quote has been a tall drink of water on a hot day to me… My tribe has been holding me up. It is difficult to share… but I felt I should be open with you… so what does a seizure look like for me??? They last 15 to 30 seconds and I stare off or laugh lightly or make lip licking noises. They are considered focal seizures… but I am having 10 to 20 a week at the moment. I rarely ever know I am having them though! My daughter’s visit last week was actually mostly so she could check on me… I have had these little focal seizures while walking, while sitting, while at the grocery store… so I am not sewing on a machine right now or driving or anything fun I enjoy except hand quilting and spending time on the computer. I am having issues with concentration and these seizures leave me tired a lot too. So please keep me in your prayers or thoughts right now! Thanks πŸ˜€

Our home goes on the market for sale next week. We are excited to see the pictures the photographer is able to get next week when he comes!

Part of decluttering is selling what isn’t being used … that includes my Fiona …

Fiona was my first vintage machine to get in my quilting history… and my honey built her case so magnificently. I have collected all that comes with her over the years of owning her… so it is bittersweet to have to sell but it is time as she is in a case and doesn’t get used to her potential. The new owner (it sold the day after we put it up for sale on Marketplace) will pick her up on Tuesday … and she lives near us too. So that is nice πŸ™‚

I had two colors of nail polish strips on last week and that just about drove me nuts… so I stream lined my color and put just one color on … it is called Bordeaux Glitz… it is a violet with silver & iridescent flecks of glitter in it πŸ™‚ It makes me happy to look at it!

I am so happy to have these photos to be able to post this week for y’all. And as I close in on the end of the hand quilting I love thinking about my son and his bride to be. I wonder what life this quilt will have. Soon I will decide if I will add some shimmery paint to the sewing lines 😊 I am linking my slow stitching progress to Kathy’s Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday post HERE.

I have also been hoarding some cool project photos I have found on the internet until I figured out how to share all the photos I wanna share with you guys πŸ™‚

This I saw on facebook on Gail Pan’s posting from down under!

This was a long term project a mom started for her daughter then finished it up for her granddaughter (that daughter’s child)… isn’t that cool?!?!!!!

This is a free printable directions by Moda you can find online… I printed it off for after our move… in case I need more to keep me busy and out of trouble! lol

I hope you have enjoyed a relaxing visit with me today… I am happy to be back to my regular posting style … Until next week my friends…

9 thoughts on “Welcome Autumn (Almost)!

Oh, I didn’t know you were selling your home and moving. I am saddened to read about your struggles with the seizures. I will be thinking of you and praying as you meet with the neurologist to see what can be done. Thinking of you too, as you begin to pack up in readiness for your move. Oh what a pretty machine Fiona is. Love that pretty blue colour. Fabulous she has gone to live with a happy new owner. Take care, lovely Kathi.

Oh Kathi, I am sorry to hear about your seizures. Have you got a neurology appointment yet? I sure will pray you get some answers quickly. I saw your post where you were selling that pretty machine. It is gorgeous! I hope your house sells quickly for you. Have you started looking for a new one yet?

Kathi, I hope you get to see that neurologist soon. Seizures like that can be scary. How strange that this is something that you have had since birth that is only recently causing more trouble. I had a neurological problems for 6 months in 2012 that were due to a medication that I was then taking. I went to many specialists. I know the waiting is the worst. I am so glad that at least you can hand sew. I will keep you in my thoughts and pray that you and the doctor can find a solution.

4. Deb A

Thank you for sharing what seizures are like for you. It will make me a little more aware for a few people I know in my life with them. I hope the doctor is able to figure out a workable solution to get them under control for you. Good luck with the packing and moving closer to doctors.

I’m so glad your family is rallying around you, helping to keep you safe. I also hope your house sells fast and you can find the ‘perfect’ new home close to your daughter. Are you documenting your seizures to show the neurologist? Have a good of a week as you can, happy safe hand quilting!

6. Jocelyn Thurston

Hi Kathi, I read all your post this morning and learned the news you have seizure disorder. It is new to me so all I can say is take your medication and hopefully, the specialist can give you more relief from your symptoms. And please be very careful. I don’t think you should be going out by yourself.
    Meanwhile, you have lovely hand stitching to occupy you and love those nails. One Christmas I had a dark red polish that had sparkles through it and it was so pretty.
    I will be thinking of you as I walk today and will send you positive thoughts.

So sorry to hear about your seizure disorder acting up. Hope the neurologist can offer some help with your symptoms. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Hope you can get some stitching in. Hugs, Karrin

Looks like you are getting the hang of WordPress, Kathi! Best wishes for the house sale, and you dear friend, I am praying! May the Lord bless and keep you right now, as you wait for your appt. and may the Dr. have wisdom direct from our Great physician as he works with you!

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons also. The air is cooler, crisper and the changing leaves display beautiful colors. So sorry to hear about your health concerns. Sharing with online friends will aid in holding you up through prayers. Sounds like Fiona with her pretty blue color will be well loved with her new owner. Bordeaux is a very pretty color. It’s a positive that you can enjoy hand stitching and continue quilting progress. Take care, dear friend.