Well after my post Thursday I was really drawn to getting the banner finished for my honey’s business… Check it out !!!
This finished banner measures 15″ x 25″. I used Hobbs Tuscany 100% wool batting to make it extra puffy to show off the quilted texture… check out this side view…
I used Aurifil 50/2 thread for all the piecing … I love how thin and strong it is 🙂 I used mostly Aurifil 28/2 thread on the hand quilting except the outer chain was big stitched with Perle 12 cotton by DMC.
The center medallion was made by an online friend who embroiders as a business… please message me for info on how to contact her if you are interested in her work…
I designed this wall hanging from that center medallion and to coordinate with the sewing room as well…
See how nice it looks when hanging!!!
And the brackets my honey “made” for the banner to hand from are actually leftover metal parts from the treadle base we repurposed as his workdesk in this room. So we are keeping it all vintage! He sanded and painted them as they were very rusty.. but that treadle from 1912 lives on in this room for sure!
Up next is a bit of cross stitch and back to piecing on my hexi flowers for the Batik Hollyhock Garden quilt :)…. while I wait on fabric to arrive for Kaydence’s quilt.
Kaydence is due to arrive the end of May. She will be my first grandchild and I am mongo thrilled to make her a quilt… more on my design and fabrics next time!
Linking this hand quilted finish to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching HERE 🙂
Until next time….