Yesterday I finished the final sewing on “Oh My Stars”! Here are a few pics I took before it got washed 🙂
I used Color catchers in the wash but didn’t know if the strong reds and blues I didn’t prewash (as they were from charm packs) but they Riley Blake fabrics I chose did not run on the whites I used .. Yippee!
It is waiting to be hung (by yard sticks!) from the first hanging sleeve I ever made.. I am pretty proud of that! One day I hope to show a quilt… learning this handy way to install one was stupendous 🙂
Doesn’t this space >>>>>>
look like it needs a little flavor??? lol
Here is a close up of the star made of little wooden buttons I painted with model silver paint 🙂
|A view from the back 🙂|
The details on this quilt include…
- Inspired by Jenny Doan (MSQC visit to my LQS) tutorial and her finished quilt
- Flimsy was finished in May… you can read about that here
- I only used Aurifil thread on this quilt… from machine piecing to hand quilting and binding. Aurifil I am loving now for piecing… YLI remains my fave hand quilting thread but just doesn’t have the color availability that Aurifil does 🙂
- Quilting started June 9 but interrupted for Project RJq ;)… read about that here
- Batting used was wool… Hobbs Tuscany
- Quilting finished including hanging sleeve AQS style from above noted tutorial
- Finished size is 36″ x 46″ wide
Hope you enjoyed this full on show today! I sure enjoyed all the slow stitching that went into this project.
I will be sharing what is up next soon… and don’t forget in 2 weeks there is a LINKY PARTY right here with a prize for a lucky linker too! This is not a competition.. it is goal oriented.. wanna know more??? Follow me.. I talk about setting and meeting goals all the time! lol
Have a blessed Sunday and take time to enjoy what God has blessed you with on this Sabbath!