Yesterday at 12:30 pm EDT I put what is now OFFICIALLY known as “The Man” quilt in the washer. And here is how luscious it came out!
|Close up of the texture after washing 🙂|
My idea is to rinse it all out with cold water good on a wash with cold water and no soap and not much spin (glad I have all those adjustments available now! lol) … so it get’s rinsed well. Then check it to make sure all is good… add some color catchers (all midtones and beige so I added 2) and soap and washed on a warm regular wash… I checked it very closely before putting in the dryer… I also ALWAYS wash my quilts with company… a large towel works well.. so I will use a large bathroom towel or beach towel with the same colors of the quilt for some added gently scrubbing action during the wash and fluffiness to the drying cycle. I also don’t dry it fully in the dryer but get it almost dry and let it airdry … about 1 hour til dry is all 🙂
Once I had that going my hands felt relieved but I still have a hand quilt to make this month and one to make AND machine quilt! Oh my!
Project RJq will be talked about fully next week. I am waiting for 1 fabric for it… I am excited to share the ideas God has given me for her quilt!
So I turned to Oh My Stars….
What to do! Start quilting in the ditch until I figure out how to use the wool batting I am NOT used to (I used Hobbs Tuscany Wool on this project) and it is ITCHY on the edges! But I do like the loft it gives and my understanding is it won’t shrink much either… so we shall see!
Finally all that is done and time for the man to get “The Man” quilt! Tadahhh!
Well he avoided all pics at this time.. but did say if I caught him snoozing he was fair game! So it is now a quest to get a pic of my man with his quilt! lol The quilt went into the washer measureing 69″ x 80 1/2″ and came out 67 x 78 1/2″… so def the wrinkley finish and shrinkage I expected with cotton batting but does anyone know the formula for figuring out how much shrinkage I had here??? Just curious really! lol
The label I shared with my readers already(and kept secret from my honey) I want to highlight one more time now that it is in it’s final place.. you see my bestie Connie Combs made it for me.. I cross stitch but the passion is NOT there.. for this quilt and signed my name with her initials 🙂
And I added one of my new labels I found from the Etsy shop I mentioned in a previous posting 🙂
My honey loved it all! He thanks me every time he sees me.. all together it took about 6 1/2 months to finish this quilt… but I am VERY happy with the results!
Finally today, I renewed my auction into a Buy It Now on eBay for 7 large spools of Aurifil thread… check it out HERE!
I hope you have enjoyed this post and will head over the Kathy’s to see who is linking up today with more slow Sunday stitching!
Also linking this finish to Richard & Tanya Quilts… Link a Finish Friday here 🙂
Have a blessed Sunday!