My sweet daughter (yes she is my youngest so she is sweet! lol)… asked me THIS the other day and I had to ponder it as I have been hand stitching… do you have a bucket list??!!
A bucket list is simply a list of things you wanna do before you die.. things you wanna accomplish with your life to add meaning…
Am I the only one that had to think if I had a bucket list??!!
Okay so I confess my bucket list contains mostly crafty stuff I wanna do!
How about yours?? What do you truly want to complete before you leave this earth???
I think it is a pretty weighty question personally… but at 15years old my daughter felt I should already know this… lol!!!!
So here are a few things I am working on now…
- Get Jinny Beyer’s Handquilting Book…
- …on order now… my Christmas present!!! gonna have it spiral bound so I can use it many, many years as I hopefully will be teaching quilting and referring to it often 🙂
- Possess an Antique Quilt Top that I can repair and quilt and enjoy looking at…
- quilt top purchased.. now to repair it, love it, iron it, love it, sandwich n baste… and finally to quilt it!
- Try a new Thread…
- trying a Guterman 100% cotton in cream for binding the project I am working on… I LOVE YLI… so trying something local is soooo much harder but no lqs around me carries it 😦
- Want to try Aurifil 28 wt in gray some day!
- Make my honey a quilt…
- have the fabric & backing, just bought the batting so that project is ready to piece and quilt except a couple things need to be picked up at Walmart to call it ready!
- Make my 19 year old son Mike a quilt he will use and appreciate…
- well… not sure the time is right but have a pattern picked out… a cool log cabin layout
- Make my doctor a wall hanging for her office
- ~ she chose a heart bargello pattern in warm tones with a red overall look to it! Love this idea!
- Learn needleturn applique…
- have the quilt kit for a sampler (also was on my list so now it isn’t! lol) that is needleturn or whatever method you choose but comes with all but the backing and batting 🙂
Otherwise, I want my kids to know I loved them and they mattered to me and I know where I am going so I am not fearful.
What is on your bucket list… will you be working on it anytime soon???
Love for you to share something fun… also don’t forget about my YLI thread giveaway here! And if you are already a follower of mine you can enter twice… but I only take comments posted there in the count 🙂 Ends November 22 at 8 am EST!
My motto this year has been motivating and inspiring… how did you live up to your goals for 2013 thus far??? Okay enough to think about!
How did you live up to your goals for 2013 thus far??? Okay enough to think about!