The card that almost wasn’t!

Hello my friend 😉  Glad you could join me for a bit today.

Have you ever had a project that never seemed to be just right to call it mission complete!  I just had one of those projects… not my first by far though!  lol

I made this card… I thought I took a pic of it but can’t find the before pic so you just get to see the beautiful after pics… check it!

 And a close up….

It was all shades of brown… my daughter decided it needed the black so she painstakingly doodled on my stamped areas and brought out the designs in the K and the swirls of the butterfly imagining where the swirls would go from where I had inked the edges with a dauber!  She ROCKS!

For the card itself I used dry embossing on the card base front that I inked with tea dye ink, heat embossing on K in gold that didn’t come out as well as when I used pigment ink with detail powder!  Live and learn folks 🙂

I cut the butterfly out of  Florals Embellished on my cricut and cut out 3 of them scoring them in the middle… after stamping them with a swirly tone on tone inked stamp.  I then folded them in half and glued them together… let them dry then attached them to my card… this has been the 4th butterfly I have made… but I have now mastered how to do it for the best results!

I am happy to show you how to make the butterfly.  If you are interested… leave me a comment… 🙂
Thanks for visiting with me today and stay tuned for a casa del loro update!

Kathi

2 thoughts on “The card that almost wasn’t!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s